At Energise Me, we’re committed to beating inactivity but never at the expense of your privacy.
We promise to
- treat your personal information with care
- be thoughtful about the information we ask you to provide and the information that we collect through the operation of our services
- be clear and transparent about how we gather, use and share your personal information
- protect your privacy in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
In this Privacy Notice whenever you see ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ it refers to Energise Me (ICO registration number ZA344646).
We’re a charity (number 1165592) on a mission to beat inactivity across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. We work our socks off to boost activity levels and build happier, healthier and stronger communities.
Getting to know you
While we would love to get to know you better, we respect your privacy.
We will collect information when you choose to
- subscribe to our e-newsletter
- apply to join the Hampshire Talented Athlete Scheme (HTAS)
- apply for a coach, volunteer or official bursary
- apply for a job with us
- submit a Satellite Clubs Expression of Interest
- book for an event or training session arranged by us on Eventbrite
- hire equipment such as the Smoothie Bike or Glowsports kit from us
- complete a survey via Survey Monkey
- follow us on Twitter or Facebook or comment on a social media post (depending on your social media privacy settings)
We’ve added notes throughout the website to highlight when we’re collecting your information and check that you’re happy for us to get to know you better.
If you are under 18 we will ask for your parent’s consent and personal information in place of yours.
E-newsletters are a great way to keep up to date with topics that you’re interested in. We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to collect your name and email address and deliver our monthly newsletters.
We will only
- send you e-newsletters if you complete the form and give your specific consent
- send you content that you’ve selected via your stated preferences no more than once a month (unless you tick more than one of the listed options)
- ask for your email address and your name so we can send personalised emails (they are friendlier and less likely to end up in your junk)
You can choose the content that’s relevant to you and update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time via links in our emails.
To help improve the way we communicate with you, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests. We
- collect information about which emails you have opened and clicked
- record your email preferences in our Customer Relationship Management system Capsule if we already have a relationship with you
If you request funding/support or apply for a job with us your personal information will be collected online via encrypted website forms (Gravity Forms) and stored securely in our website database, which is hosted by WP Engine. Both Gravity Forms and WP Engine will treat your information with care.
We will only request the personal information that we need for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you about your application
- to assess your eligibility against set criteria
- to administer and manage the funding, support or role for which you’ve applied
- to report to the funder of the scheme for which you’ve applied (if required in the funding agreement)
- ask you to tick a box on the application form to consent to the processing of your data for these purposes
- use your email address to notify you of our decision
- store your personal information securely for 12 weeks after the decision is made if you are unsuccessful to allow a window in which you can request feedback
- store your personal information securely for 7 years after the funding period if you are successful, as required for auditing purposes outlined by HM Revenue and Customs
- securely delete your personal information once the appropriate time period has passed
Event and workshop bookings
When you book for an event or workshop you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process your data. For example, we may need to contact you to notify you of changes to the event.
We use a third party service, Eventbrite, to process event and workshop bookings. Eventbrite is registered with both Visa and Mastercard as a PCI-compliant Service Provider, which means they process payment card details securely.
We will only
- ask for the information that is necessary to process your booking or tailor the event/workshop to your needs
- store your personal information for as long as we need it to administer the event/workshop before securely deleting it
- use your contact details to communicate with you about the event/workshop you’ve booked for – this may include pre-joining information and post-event surveys and resources
We may, if necessary
- share information with the workshop leader to enable them to prepare for the session – they will be asked for written confirmation that they will only use your information for that purpose
When you enquire about hiring our Smoothie Bike or Glowsports equipment you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. Your information will be processed by Gravity Forms and stored securely in our website database (please see the Applications section of this policy for further information). We will only use your contact information to respond to your enquiry and complete our contract with you.
We use a third party service, Survey Monkey, to conduct surveys and will only collect your information if you choose to complete the survey. In most cases you can complete the survey anonymously if you prefer.
We may include anonymous comments in reports to partners, funders, staff or trustees. The information will not be used to identify you.
If you choose to share your contact details we may contact you to clarify comments you’ve made but only if you give us permission to do so. We will not add you to marketing lists or store your information for any other purpose.
Survey Monkey prides itself on its first-class privacy standards – take a look at its GDPR statement.
We use a third-party provider, Sprout Social, to manage our social media interactions. If you send a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Sprout Social for three months. Sprout Social is committed to providing robust technical and organisational safeguards to protect your information. Take a look at Sprout Social‘s security statement.
Other information we may collect from you
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect technical information to help us monitor and improve the user experience. This falls within our legitimate organisational interests and may include:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet
- browser type and version
- time zone setting
- system and platform information
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect this information. It helps us work out what people are most interested in and rectify any glitches on the site that might spoil your experience. The information is processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, or allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Keeping your information safe
We use technical and organisational safeguards to keep your personal information secure:
- our online forms are encrypted
- our network is protected and routinely monitored
- we store your digital information on secure servers
- we limit access to information on a need-to-know basis
- we have a clear policy in place for all staff, volunteers and trustees
- we undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold and ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors
While we make every effort to protect your information, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website or servers (such as by email). Any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
External companies, Door 22 and WP Engine, support us with the maintenance and hosting of the website and perform regular security updates. We have performed checks on both companies to ensure they will treat your information with care.
A number of our software providers have their servers hosted outside of the EEA. We have checked that the providers have certified their compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. The framework helps companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from Europe to the United States.
To the best of our knowledge, understanding and belief your personal information will not otherwise be transferred outside of the EEA or to any country not approved by the European Commission.
We respect your rights. You have the right to
- ask us to stop processing your personal data
- ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
- request changes to the information we hold about you if it is out of date or incorrect
If you would like to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to Energise Me, Westgate Chambers, Staple Gardens, SO23 8SR. To ensure we only provide personal data to the right person, we are unable to accept these requests by email.
- stop processing your personal data on request, as long as it is not necessary for the purpose for which you supplied it (e.g. to complete a contract or booking)
- perform checks to verify the source of all access requests
- respond to all access requests within 5 working days
- provide access to the information we hold on you within 10 working days once we have verified the source
How to contact us