Become an Energise Me Trustee
We are looking for up to 6 people to join our board. Boost health and happiness in local communities as a charity trustee. It’s a chance to support a great cause, build your professional network and gain strategic experience.
We’re on a mission to build happier, healthier and stronger communities through physical activity and sport. As a trustee, you could help guide our future strategy and keep our charity on track.
Physical activity transforms lives. It reduces our risk of developing major illnesses by up to 50% and our risk of depression by up to 30%. We won’t rest until everyone in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight enjoys these benefits.
Why become a charity trustee
Being a charity trustee can be a rewarding way of giving back to your community. But it’s also a great addition to your CV and an opportunity to meet new people and diversify your skills.
We are actively seeking new voices and can provide training and support to help you excel as a trustee.
Who we’re looking for
We aspire to have a diverse group of trustees who are representative of our local community. We are looking for people aged 18 and over with skills or experience of at least one of the following:
- Working with teenagers
- Supporting people with long-term health conditions – particularly in a Clinical Commissioning or Mental Health context
- Supporting women in a charity, community or physical activity context
- Asset-based Community Development
- Connecting with communities in the Redbridge and Millbrook area of Southampton
- Charity leadership and/or campaigning
- Monitoring and evaluating social and/or economic impact
- Facilitation and/or collaborative action planning skills
- Expertise in behaviour change or innovation in a health context
Download the Energise Me Trustee recruitment pack 2020 (PDF) or view the pack below to find out more about the role.
How to apply
Please send a CV and short covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) or a video application, explaining:
- Why you are interested in becoming a trustee of Energise Me
- How you meet the criteria set out in the role and person specification above