Want to Volunteer?
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to make new friends and use your skills or hobbies to get people active? Maybe you want to develop your skills for the future?
Whatever your motivation, volunteering could be perfect for you. It’s a great way to boost people’s enjoyment of physical activity and sport, develop skills, make friends and generally have a blast.
If you’re always on the go and want to put your energy to good use, you could lead a group on a healthy walk, cycle ride or jog. Passionate about participation? Why not help deliver an open day or organise a tournament, festival or league? If you prefer something a little less active and a little more skills-based, clubs are often on the lookout for marketing and finance support.
Whatever your skills and interests there is an opportunity for you. The Join In UK website helps match the right volunteers to the right opportunities. Set up a profile and start browsing opportunities near you.
Individuals often find volunteering both challenging and rewarding. Here are our top 5 reasons for volunteering:
- Give something back – by volunteering you’re showing your dedication to community sport – whether that’s through a group, club or individual
- Make a difference to others – you could be the one that helps someone achieve their goals and dreams, whether that’s getting some regular exercise or competing at world level
- Feel valued and part of a team – volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people and develop other relationships and networks outside of home and work
- Change it up – volunteering allows you to work in a different environment and can be a way of relaxing from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem – volunteering gives you the chance to grow and develop skills and the confidence to use them in all walks of life