Want to Volunteer?
Are you passionate about helping others to achieve and enjoy? Do you have skills or hobbies that could support others to be more active? Or are you looking to develop your skills for the future?
If so, volunteering in sports could be perfect for you. It’s not just about doing sport but helping others to get involved and get active. You could find yourself helping to deliver a participation event e.g. a fun run or open day at a local club. You could lead a group on a healthy walk, cycle ride or jog. If you’re feeling ambitious you could even help organise a tournament, festival, or league. Whatever your skills and interests there is an opportunity for you.
People volunteer in a diverse range of roles in sport. We’ve found that most individuals, if not all, find it both challenging and rewarding. Here are just some of the reasons for volunteering:
- Give something back – by volunteering you’re showing your dedication to community sport – whether that’s through a group, club or individual.
- Make a difference to others – just think you could be the one that helps someone achieve their goals and dreams whether that’s just getting some regular exercise or competing at world level.
- Feel valued and part of a team – volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people and develop other relationships and networks outside of home and work life
- Change it up – volunteering allows you to work in a different environment and can be a way of relaxing from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem – volunteering gives you the chance to grow not only practice skills but the opportunity and confidence to use them in all walks of life.
Take a look at our support for volunteers page for more information on volunteering opportunities.