Primary PE and Sport Premium
Primary PE and Sport Premium funding provides a great opportunity to boost the quality of physical activity in your school. Invest it wisely and you’ll notice benefits in pupils’ behaviour, concentration, confidence and ability to ace core goals. We’re here to help you make the most of your funding.
As an Active Partnership, we receive Sport England Lottery Funding to support schools to use their Sport Premium effectively. The government has confirmed another year of funding available to schools in 2019/20. So, it’s time to plan how to use your funding to achieve sustainable outcomes for your pupils. But where to begin?
What is PE and Sport Premium funding for?
Primary schools receive funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE and sport they offer. As a result, schools are expected to see an improvement across 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend 30 minutes of physical activity every day during the school day
- Raised profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Reporting on the use of funding
Schools must publish information about how they’ve used their funding by the end of the academic year. This should include:
- the amount of funding you received
- a full breakdown of how it has been spent
- the impact on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- how the improvements will be sustainable
In addition, schools must provide a report on swimming levels of year 6 pupils.
Schools should also consider how their use of the premium is giving pupils the opportunity to develop a healthy and active lifestyle.
We’re here to help
We work with a range of partners to support primary schools with PE and school sport. Take a look at the resources below or hop over to our schools’ page for more information. Or if you prefer a chat, get in touch with Sharon and work with us to ace PE and school sport.