Supporting school sport
We want to make a difference through school sport, which is such a crucial time in children’s lives. Primary school is often where children’s views on the enjoyment of sport are shaped. The Government pledged additional funding of £150 million (from 2013 to 2020) for Primary School headteachers to improve the delivery of PE.
So where do we come in? We’re here to support and inspire schools to make the most of their funding and build links with national organisations like the Youth Sport Trust and Association for Physical Education. We provide access to a vast range of resources (which you can access below), help schools to share best practice and keep them updated on all the latest opportunities and research.
The Primary Premium funding can be used in a number of ways including
- Developing skills/upskilling for teachers
- Showing where there are opportunities to compete – i.e. Hampshire Games
- Inspiring children through leadership opportunities
- After school clubs in areas identified as less active e.g. Change for Life clubs
- Opportunities for those that show talent/gift in sport
- Establishing better assessment and partnerships for schools to join up and work together
This list isn’t exhaustive but gives a good idea of how the funding might be spread across schools. Check out our Opportunities and Good Practice page for useful information and case studies.